lördag 9 april 2016

On leaving


I’m walking on a road, it seems pretty long
I look back and you are still standing there, right where you stopped.
I have to keep on moving, my feet wont allow anything else
Thinking I forgot something, perhaps it was a couple of words I wanted to say
So I run back to you, perhaps to give you something I found in my pocket
But you are bleak and distracted, the words don’t come out and the thing seems silly now.
You lower your eyes and wont meet mine, my hand falls to my side
Never mind I say after a while and force a smile, “I’ll see you around”
You finally smile too, as I’m leaving

I soon get right back to where I turned around, you seem ever further away
This time I know there’s no going back.
The coldness of your smile, as if you knew I would never return
I did something, perhaps a few words I said
We broke so quick, as the thing in my pocket my feelings seemed feeble and pretty ridiculous
There is nothing that can change it now, however silly your reasons sounded.
When your eyes finally met mine, I was way gone back in the distance
“Never mind” a sad sentimental thought, a few last words
I think I saw you smiling still, as the sun settled and left us nothing but darkness.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar