torsdag 14 oktober 2021

I slow walked into a body of wind

 

Before I ordered the drink, the bartender and I looked at each other for the longest time. Everything was set in place. For just this one moment. Time inhaled, sighed with relief. We had peace between all tribes, the aor flashed a faint smile. When it reached me from across the wooden counter, polished to perfection, to the point where I felt I was the first one sitting down in this seat. He put me in my place, he waited patiently. Gracefully tending  to his side. Keeping all neat and tidy. When I was ready, he slowly approached, with perfect balance- And I was ready. We enjoyed the moment, a comfortable silence between two men knowing instantly they’re on the same wavelength.

We waited until right before the air got restless and started to vibrate. Right before the voices turned into angry neglected animals.

You can’t claim a moment for too long.

The shadows will grow, and if you let them, they will keep growing until they swallow everything. 

There'll be nothing left, only my hands resting on the notebook and his on wood.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar