måndag 22 mars 2021

We’re watching stars burn

 When we reach for the stars and get a handful of air

The moon light floods our eyes with relentless clarity

The life we lead, so painfully plain, so pitiful and dull

There are no more dreams

The stars ceased to tinkle, they’re dead beams, projected false hope

We know what they are now, and the charm is lost, the rhythm of the dance is a dead beat echo

But I say it’s fine

Why not fine

The torture is a feeling like the rest of them

If the joy was a lie then so is everything else

Deconstruct it all

Take down the stars and wait out the moon

I don’t have dreams, they no longer rule me

I am a mist that lingers on the fields at dusk

I calmly watch the cold of night, knowing morning will be worse

Left with seconds that mean little, hours that mean less and days of nothing

I reflect myself in one of those stars, I see the light that once was

If it didn’t burn so brightly then, would it be less painful now

I remember an unforced smile and fearless love

My face is now stale bark and every movement hurt

My heart is a rock at the bottom of the sea

We’re watching stars burn

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar